Before you head out with your real estate agent, ask yourself these questions:
• What can you afford?
• Home buying needs and wants?
- for your PRESENT and FUTURE lifestyle.
These may include:
1. Size and square footage
2. Style of home
3. Community and proximity to nearby amenities
4. Development and Lot Size/Style
Most Common Buyer Errors
- Entering into a real estate transaction without representation from a licensed REALTOR®
• Unclear Title
• Paying above market value or “low-balling” and losing the property
• Unclear conditions of your purchase may leave you with 2 properties or worse, none!
- Placing offers without a Pre-Approval from a lender.
- Not having a property inspected prior to closing.
Team Hayden’s Advice on Shopping for a Home.
• Before you shop, develop a needs vs. wants list
• Get pre-approved prior to shopping
• Choose your winning team
• Communicate clearly with your Real Estate Professional
• It is still true – LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
• Use your Real Estate Professional’s knowledge of the community
• Check your emotions, and shop with your head
• Pay attention to “red flags”
• Hiring a home inspector is a wise investment
• Be cautious with fixer uppers
• Consider your future needs
• Proceed quickly
• Ask for a written CMA
• Investigate the seller’s situation
• During negotiations, keep your emotions in tact
• Ensure the deal is right before you sign
• Avoid bidding wars
• Insist on a written disclosure of all known defects
• Be aware of your hidden costs
Contact Team Hayden for your
FREE* Home Buyer’s Package.
This package includes:
- The Major Elements of an Offer
- How To Make an Offer
- Documents Required for a Condominium Purchase
- The Home Buyer’s Glossary of Terms
- Home Evaluation Checklists
- After the Purchase Check List
- Walk Through Check List
- Our Buyers Agents, Home Inspectors, Lawyers, Mortgage Brokers, and Testimonials.